Description:Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world's best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas' recording studio and Gordon Ramsay's kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a studio in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don't have the exact experience or skills, but think you'd be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What you will do:
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including inbound and outbound SaaS, professional services, licensing, and data sharing agreements
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (including sales team) as a trusted business partner to achieve desired business outcomes without taking on unreasonable risks
- Develop and implement playbooks, templates, and processes to enhance efficiency and streamline contract execution alongside internal business teams
- Facilitate cross-functional data privacy program, including data processing addendums, vendor management, data mapping, impact assessments, DSRs, and consent management
- Problem solve across legal disciplines and functional areas, including product-related matters, data privacy, security, IP, HR, and finance
- 4-6 years of total legal experience (1-3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on commercial transactions preferred; 1-3 years of broad-based, in-house transactional experience)
- Ability to structure, negotiate, and close a broad range of agreements, including SaaS, professional services, licensing, and data sharing agreements
- Familiarity with data privacy and security laws and regulations
- Strong fluency in communicating legal concepts, issues and risks clearly and effectively
- Ability to problem-solve on a variety of projects alongside stakeholders across multiple areas of the business, including sales, product, engineering, security, marketing, and finance
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
The salary range below is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass's salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
$164,000 - $212,250 USD