Description:Pzena Investment Management, LLC is a registered investment adviser managing over $50 billion in global equity assets. We provide equity investment management services for institutional investors, leading corporate, public and individual clients on a world-wide basis by way of separate accounts, sub-advised mutual funds, and other commingled vehicles since our firm founding in 1995. Our team of approximately 150 employees is mostly based in our headquarters in Manhattan and we have additional offices in London, Dublin and Melbourne.
We are a growing company, in the size of our team, our locations, and our assets under management. We seek partners, not just employees, at every level in the firm and are looking for an exceptional new team member to grow with us. At Pzena, we invest in your career and have a strong track record of internal mobility.
Pzena is looking to hire a Counsel to join its close-knit Legal team of two attorneys. The Pzena Legal Department is responsible for advising on a wide range of legal matters in the evolving legal and regulatory environment for investment advisers both in the US and in the other jurisdictions in which we operate.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, the Counsel will be an integral part of the Legal Department and will handle a wide variety of matters, including providing legal advice related to separate accounts, pooled funds in the US and abroad, vendor agreements, as well as special projects and new business initiatives. The successful candidate will work closely with Pzena's Compliance, Business Development & Client Services, Operations, and Finance Departments in a varied and dynamic environment.
- Negotiate investment management agreements for separate accounts and sub-advised relationships.
- Serve as the point person for legal advice on pooled fund formation, fundraising, and ongoing maintenance.
- Partner collaboratively across multiple departments to facilitate onboarding and retention of pooled fund investors and separate account clients.
- Participate in structuring new products/funds and other product development initiatives.
- Remain up to date on relevant legal and regulatory developments in the US and in our key markets.
- Assist in the development of legal and operational infrastructure to drive best practices.
Note: We are currently working in a hybrid environment with 4 days in the office and 1 day remote.
- JD with a strong academic background.
- 3+ years of private fund formation/investment management experience at a major law firm or in-house at a registered investment adviser.
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act and relevant provisions of the Investment Company Act, Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, ERISA, and tax issues applicable to US investment advisers.
- Superior communication, issue spotting and practical thinking/problem solving skills
- Active member of the NY State Bar or ability to waive in.
- Working knowledge of UCITS funds, collective investment trusts, and/or US mutual fund distribution would be a plus
- Interest in value investing is a plus
Salary Range: $210,000 - $230,000 USD Annually
The actual base salary may vary depending on factors, including, but not limited to location, work experience, education, training, skill level, and market conditions. At Pzena Investment Management, base salary is just one component of the total compensation, which may include, year-end discretionary bonus and employee benefits.
At this time, Pzena Investment Management will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Working with Pzena
We are committed to the success and well-being of our employees. We offer benefits to support our employees and their families including many that are fully funded by the firm, such as certain medical plans and FSA and HSA contributions, life insurance, and travel insurance. The firm also makes profit-sharing contributions to employee 401k accounts and contributes to causes important to our employees through charitable giving and charitable matching programs. Additionally, the firm supports the professional growth of our team by offering a mentorship program, lunch & learns, and sponsoring workgroups and committees to recommend business improvements. We are proud of our culture and enjoy coming together as a firm; you can look forward to team-building activities, social events, monthly birthday parties, Pizza Thursdays, our annual Pzena Challenge, recharging with healthy snacks, and more.
Pzena Investment Management is an equal-opportunity employer. We value all forms of diversity and are committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment for all. We believe that multiple points of view, from different backgrounds and experiences, contribute positively to our culture and work. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to join our team.