Description:Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is seeking an experienced employment law attorney to join its Legal Department as Counsel I, Employment. The successful candidate will join a collegial and hard-working team of employment attorneys who work closely with Human Resources, Employee Relations and Global Compliance to support the company's various businesses and functions. This position will be based at the company's global headquarters in Marlborough, MA or remote with ability to travel to MA from time to time, and will report to our Director, Senior Employment Counsel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide practical and sound legal advice and counsel to Human Resources and management on legal issues concerning the employer/employee relationship including, but not limited to, hiring, performance management, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, leaves and accommodations, terminations and reductions in force.
- Review and advise HR and managers on, and negotiate with outside counsel regarding, non-competition, non-solicitation and separation agreements.
- Strategically partner with our in-house litigation counsel and outside counsel in employment litigation matters.
- Partner with Employee Relations in advising on employee investigations.
- At the request of our Senior Employment Counsel, provide counsel on various human resources policies and programs, including diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- From time to time, participate in or lead department projects and support various employment law practice group matters.
- J.D.; Admission to MA or another state bar. In good standing in all jurisdictions where admitted.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience practicing employment law.
- Strong command of employment laws, regulations and best practices.
- Experience handling non-compete and other restrictive covenant matters.
- Experience assisting with employment investigations and defending employment discrimination matters before state and federal agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, client relationships and business acumen.
- Must possess a strong work ethic; be creative, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, self-directed and highly ethical.
Requisition ID: 564278
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company's policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.