Angle Health's in-house legal team works to proactively address legal issues, manage regulatory compliance, and provide sound counsel so that Angle Health can continue to move forward quickly in its mission to reinvent access to healthcare.
As Angle Health's in-house counsel, you'll be the principal driver of our legal and regulatory team and a critical contributor to the company as a whole – working as a generalist on a wide array of legal matters, from negotiating commercial agreements to working on regulatory, intellectual property, employment and other issues. You'll be working closely and frequently with all teams across the company as well as the CEO, CTO, CCO, President, and CFO as the first point of contact for legal matters. You'll have the support of and access to a world class team of outside attorneys specializing in corporate, regulatory, healthcare, intellectual property, and other matters. If you're a creative thinker that loves solving difficult problems and navigating uncharted legal terrain, this is the role for you.
This position may be based in San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City, or Remote.
- Manage corporate governance for Angle Health and our subsidiaries
- Lead commercial contracting and complex deal negotiations
- Implement sound legal processes and standard form agreements
- Assist in the management and day-to-day operations of Angle Health's legal and regulatory compliance teams
- Develop and foster positive relationships with regulators and government counterparts
- Advise on a multitude of issues across the company
- Act as a subject matter expert and legal resource for others, including staying current on changes in laws and regulations having to do with the health care industry
- Develop and review policies and procedures across the organization
- Supervise and coordinate the legal services of Angle Health and its subsidiaries with outside legal counsel
What we value:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Bar admission in California and/or New York
- 5+ years attorney at a top law firm or in-house; a combination of practice at a firm and in-house is preferred but not required
- Experience in highly regulated industries, corporate governance, and management of multiple regulated affiliates. Corporate/regulatory insurance experience highly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment