Description:Here at IMPaCT Care, we get out of bed every day to remake the American health workforce. We find, train and enable Community Health Workers: caring people who keep their communities healthy. We have built the largest and most scientifically-proven Community Health Worker platform in the country, used across 20 states by 50 organizations like Kaiser Permanente, the Veterans Affairs Administration and United Way. Across multiple randomized controlled trials IMPaCT has achieved outcomes frequently believed to be out of reach, including $2,500 annual savings per patient, improved mental health and a Net Promoter Score of 94. We're making waves: on CNN, in WaPo, at the Fed…there is even a new Medicare billing code for Community Health Workers that is modeled after IMPaCT.
We're changing the game, but also know the importance of enjoying the journey. That's why we have made sure that IMPaCT Care is the place to be! We provide competitive compensation and equity grants, comprehensive benefits, unlimited PTO and plenty of opportunities for team-building and fun. Plus you get to work from home.
Interested? Read on.
Who You Are:
We're looking for a business-savvy and likable lawyer who can balance risk, make sound judgements and win negotiations. You will oversee legal, human resource functions and general business operations. You have a breadth of expertise including contracts and commercial law, litigation, intellectual property, compliance, strategic partnerships, due diligence and employment law. Strong candidates will have an obsession with operational excellence, while still maintaining the agility required in a high-growth startup environment. You will be a top-level leader in the organization and report directly to our CEO.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee business operations functions including legal and HR.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships and vendor relationships by creating and negotiating commercial contracts
- Manage and mitigate legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicate with and manage third-party bodies such as external counsel, vendors or auditors.
- Provide leadership across on other key initiatives ranging from capital raises to regulatory engagements
- Manage, mentor and roll up your sleeves with a small team of multifunctional staff
What you bring:
- J.D. degree from a top law school, with 4+ years of relevant in-house legal experience.
- Licensed and in good standing with a state bar association. If you are not already licensed with the State of Pennsylvania you will obtain a Limited In-House Corporate Counsel license.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and revising contracts, including SaaS contracts, professional services agreements, vendor agreements, and NDAs
- Experience with information security and data privacy regulation such as HIPAA
- Experience reviewing and advising on consumer-facing materials and processes
- Management experience in a startup environment. Experience in healthcare, a SaaS environment, and services business a plus
- Experience with hiring processes and practices including management of employee benefit programs.
- Crisp communication
- Experience with mission-driven organizations a plus
One of our core values is to create a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member's unique perspective, background, and ideas. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace.