- Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters advises, communicates and develops those strategies with Liberty Mutual's Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
- Understands and creatively uses technology applies technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost. Possesses the skills necessary to use technology to work remotely. Capable of working with office staff who are remotely located.
- Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
- Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remains current with developments in the law understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions for the Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary
- A minimum of 1 successful year experience as an attorney
- The individual is required to have a general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and Liberty Mutual
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by printed or spoken word is critical
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled