Description:HackerOne seeks a pragmatic, motivated, and collaborative counsel with 4+ years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house at a company. This position will primarily partner with and support the HackerOne People and Compliance Teams.
As Counsel, you will be a “hands-on” member of the Legal Team and will support the company in its mission to build a safer internet. You will be asked to leverage your working knowledge of relevant laws and your excellent drafting skills to collaborate cross-functionally with teams at HackerOne, all while working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. In this role, you will be a trusted advisor to the business and to the Chief Legal Officer.
Your Journey at HackerOne
- Deliver counseling and support on sensitive and wide-ranging U.S. and global labor and employment issues, including hiring and recruiting, compensation, benefits, leave, accommodations, and related topics.
- Advise on and assist the People team with employee relations, including investigations, performance management, terminations, and other related matters.
- Assist the People team develop and implement employment-related forms, policies, and training in the U.S. and globally.
- Advise on and assist, as needed, in creating, implementing, and managing corporate compliance policies and practices ranging in areas such as privacy and data security to anti-money laundering laws and regulations, sanctions, and OFAC regulations.
- Serve as a point of contact for subpoenas and litigation matters.
- Provide general legal support to our global operations on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute positively to the legal team and to the company.
Who You Are:
- Graduate of an ABA-accredited law school (JD) and bar admission in good standing in your practice jurisdiction.
- 4+ years of legal experience at a law firm or in-house, ideally at a B2B SaaS or FinTech company.
- Experience with global labor and employment issues, including hiring and recruiting, compensation, benefits, leave, accommodations, and related topics.
- Experience working with compliance teams, including drafting and reviewing policies.
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic legal advice to non-lawyers.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a rapidly growing company.
- Team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients, and teams across the business.
Employment at HackerOne is contingent on a background check.
HackerOne is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, pregnancy, disability or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by international, federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all HackerOne employment practices, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. HackerOne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
HackerOne commits to maintaining a strong, inclusive culture built for our employees and our community of hackers. We are driven by our five core values. We recognize that our mission is bigger than us, and therefore act with integrity at all times. As a team, we believe that transparency builds trust so we default to disclosure in our communications. Each individual executes with excellence, creating an environment of greater alignment and greater autonomy. We win as a team and respect all people to empower everyone to learn from each other, innovate, and grow.
What we do:
HackerOne closes the security gap between what organizations own and what they can protect. HackerOne's Attack Resistance Management blends the security expertise of ethical hackers with asset discovery, continuous assessment, and process enhancement to find and close gaps in the ever-evolving digital attack surface. This approach enables organizations to transform their business while staying ahead of threats. Customers include Citrix, Coinbase, Costa Coffee, General Motors, GitHub, Goldman Sachs, Google, Hyatt, Microsoft, PayPal, Singapore's Ministry of Defense, Slack, the U.S. Department of Defense, and Yahoo. In 2021, HackerOne was named as a ‘brand that matters' by Fast Company.
HackerOne is Digital First
Our work is optimized for asynchronous collaboration, knowledge management, and decision-making. HackerOne is creating an industry, and to do that, we must employ the most creative, forward-thinking distributed talent in the market. Our remote model allows employees to contribute to our mission while providing time and location flexibility which are core elements to a healthy relationship between professional and personal pursuits.