Description:Squire Patton Boggs is hiring a Corporate Securities Associate with at least three to five years of significant transactional experience to be a part of its sophisticated and highly collaborative corporate practice. This position will be based in either Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix or Washington DC. The individual hired will have an opportunity to assume significant responsibility in complex transactional matters for key clients and be part of a growing local and global team. The candidate can also expect to be involved with a variety of assignments and receive valuable hands-on experience across a diverse range of disciplines, including representing public and private companies in connection with corporate and securities laws matters, securities offerings and corporate governance.
The position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to advise firm clients on public and private issuances of equity and debt securities, SEC disclosure, reporting and compliance. Handling transaction management and due diligence. And to assist managing client relationships.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- U.S. Juris Doctor Degree
- Admitted to practice in a U.S. State Bar and be in good standing. Admission to the State Bar of your office location is expected if not currently admitted.
- At least three to five years of meaningful experience in a law firm managing US securities transactional and regulatory matters, including 34 Act compliance, public and private debt and equity offerings, proxy statement preparation and annual meeting cycle management, and public company governance matters.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents and purchasers in public and private equity offerings and in various offerings in the capital markets, including issuances of secured and unsecured debt, tax-exempt bonds, common stock, preferred stock and convertible debt.
- Experience advising on securities regulation, including securities law reporting, compliance and disclosure issues, shareholder meeting matters, stock exchange listing requirements, corporate governance, board matters, and executive and equity compensation.
- Experience negotiating aspects of corporate transactions.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment and to exercise good judgment.
- Positive, can-do and proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible, composed, and ability to prioritize and handle multiple matters simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy
- Committed to professional ethics and client confidentiality
Please apply online to be considered for this position and be ready to upload your resume/CV of qualifications. Please include a cover letter stating your location preference.
We offer a professional and friendly work environment with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
About Squire Patton Boggs
Squire Patton Boggs is a full-service global law firm providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet, giving you a voice, supporting your ambitions and achieving successful outcomes. With over 1,500 lawyers spanning more than 40 offices across four continents, the firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.