Description:A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today!
If you are an administrative professional with over 2 years of experience working within a legal office or legal operations team, we want to hear from you! Come leverage your exceptional communication and organizational skills with a fast-paced legal team that will value your knowledge and partnership.
Schedule will be Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts. Typical start times between 7-8am. You will primarily work from home with the expectation of working in the Banner Health Corporate Phoenix office when needed.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position will be responsible for the independent drafting and review of various agreements in support of Banner's healthcare operations, with an initial emphasis on technology agreements. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced proactive culture, capable of high individual performance, and also contributing as a team player in Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better. Prior law firm experience is preferred.
- Conducts initial review of proposed contract language. Reviews and revises proposed contracts, ensuring compliance with company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Assess business terms to be sure the contract supports the company/business unit goals. Works directly with vendors/payer to negotiate and resolve contract issues, preparing contract documents for approval and execution by appropriate company leader.
- Drafts and reviews contracts or other related documents for execution by appropriate company leader. Verifies intent of proposed contract with internal and external customers (including company and vendor/payer legal counsel).
- Serves as a resource for internal and external clients to interpret contract language and resolves contract issues by reviewing and interpreting contract terms and originating contract documentation.
- May participate in major projects as needed.
- This position works independently, reviewing, writing and revising contract language. This position works with vendors or other payers to negotiate contracts which are within company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Internally interfaces with all levels of company management. Externally interfaces with vendors or other payers.
- Requires a Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Requires a minimum of two years of legal experience preferably relating to contract drafting, preparation and analysis. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis and resolution; contract drafting; oral and written communication. Requires highly developed interpersonal and listening skills. Must be able to function independently, possess demonstrated flexibility in multiple project management. Requires strong computer skills, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with contract drafting and negotiation. Law firm experience.
- Experience with IT and Technology Contracts. Experience working in Healthcare.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.