At DraftKings, we're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Be The Strategy Behind The Game.
We’re searching for a Corporate Counsel to support our Executive Compensation and Benefits, Corporate Securities, M&A, and Corporate Secretary functions. As an integral member of our growing team of legal professionals, you’ll work cross-functionally to play a central role in guiding decisions on various domestic and global legal matters. This is a highly collaborative role where you’ll work closely with our Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel, which requires outstanding core legal skills, balanced business and legal judgment, and a commitment to our shared growth and success. Sound good to you? Join us.
What You'll Do As A Corporate Counsel:
- Manage all aspects of our executive compensation and benefits matters, including equity incentive plans and Section 16 filings, and administer our Insider Trading Policy and Rule 10b5-1 plans.
- Manage our secretarial function, including preparing resolutions and materials for our board of directors and related committees, administering our Annual Meeting of Shareholders, managing corporate governance and compliance matters, and maintaining minute books and corporate records.
- Review a variety of our external communications, including press releases, conference and interview preparatory documents, and investor presentations.
- Assist in preparing our public disclosure documents, including SEC reports such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, Section 16 filings, and other related documents.
- Support activity relating to mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, and commercial transactions, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various transaction documentation.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of relevant corporate legal experience in equity compensation matters, corporate securities, and/or M&A at a law firm; experience in-house at a public company and managing equity compensation matters is a plus.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school, with excellent academic credentials.
- Active membership in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar or the ability to be admitted as in-house counsel in Massachusetts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, tremendous attention to detail, strong business judgment, and the ability to proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of leadership and taking ownership over one’s assignments to deliver timely, practical business solutions to a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- The proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners, excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and influencing skills, with a strong emphasis on the ability to articulate complex legal issues in a clear and actionable way.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $153,600.00 - $230,400.00, plus bonus, equity, and benefits as applicable. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and how that was determined during the hiring process.