Growing real estate investment firm is looking for a junior corporate and securities attorney with three years of experience to support our corporate legal department as corporate counsel. This is a unique opportunity for a junior attorney to work in-house on SEC filings, corporate governance matters, M&A transactions, real estate transactions and commercial contracts.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with drafting SEC filings, including Form 8-Ks, proxy statements and beneficial ownership forms using in-house SEC EDGAR filing software;
- Review contracts/documentation to ensure they meet corporate legal guidelines and research any questions regarding such documents;
- Prepare initial drafts of board meeting minutes and consents and assist with board meeting materials;
- Assist with the due diligence of M&A opportunities, securities offerings, real estate acquisitions and litigation tracking;
- Work directly with colleagues to obtain information necessary to complete projects and achieve deadlines;
- Manage workload to meet deadlines and maintain department standards on turnaround time; and
- Support legal department as corporate generalist.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience reviewing and assisting with the drafting of SEC filings (Form 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, 3, 4 and 5 and proxy statements), corporate minutes and consents, and contracts for a fast-paced corporate legal department and/or private law firm environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner;
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy;
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures and successfully prioritize and manage a workload with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively;
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel; experience with in-house EDGAR filing software highly desirable;
- Real estate knowledge and/or understanding of financial statements preferred;
- Graduate of a top tier law school and admitted to practice in California.
American Healthcare REIT is one of the larger healthcare-focused real estate investment trusts globally with assets totaling approximately $4.2 billion in gross investment value.
The company benefits from a fully integrated management platform comprised of more than one hundred experienced and skilled professionals, many of whom have worked together since 2006 and have successfully invested in and managed healthcare real estate through multiple market cycles. The management team has a proven track record, deep industry relationships and unparalleled insight into each of the company's assets having built and nurtured the company's international portfolio since its original property acquisition in 2014. The strength of the management team, coupled with the quality of the assets, has American Healthcare REIT poised to capitalize on compelling growth driven by powerful demographic trends.