Description:About the Nest
The nest is a place where every role has meaning, every team member is respected, and every day is a chance to fly higher. When you join bluebird bio, you're not just landing a new gig, you become part of a flock that's pursuing curative gene therapies to give patients and their families more bluebird days. We are doers, thinkers and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
- Persist for Purpose
- Be Compassionate
- Stay humble and curious
- Keep it real
- Celebrate (sm)all wins
Our innovation is rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the integration of multiple viewpoints. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care.
About the Flock
The legal team is all about partnering with the business to provide proactive, pragmatic, and timely legal advice. As part of our exciting, fast-paced legal team, this individual will work directly with our Chief Legal Officer and collaborate with team members to manage financing transactions, equity and/or debt issuances, business development initiatives and to work on SEC compliance matters as well as corporate contracts related to many aspects of the day-to-day operations of the various business units at bluebird. This is an exciting time to be joining bluebird as we navigate our first commercial launches in the United States.
How You'll Fly
You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading the review and preparation of SEC filings, including periodic reports (10-Qs and 10-Ks), current reports (8-Ks), Section 16 filings, securities offerings and other related filings. ?
- Working with the Chief Legal Counsel to oversee and provide support to the Board of Directors and its Committees in the areas of public disclosures, applicable law, corporate governance and policies, oversight responsibilities, executive compensation and other public company obligations and best practices. ?
- Working with the Chief Legal Officer and Business Development Department on collaborations, acquisitions and licensing transactions.
- Providing legal support for corporate financing transactions, including any debt or equity transactions undertaken by the Company as well as other financing-related matters. ?
- Assisting in monitoring the company's intellectual property portfolio, including guiding strategy with outside counsel and providing legal advice and support to finance and accounting departments.
- Collaborating and providing legal guidance on external communications such as earnings releases, press releases and investor presentations.
- Drafting, interpreting, and providing strategic counseling on company policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and maintaining awareness of pending regulations and developments that are relevant to the Company's business interests, particularly relating to corporate governance and public company matters. ?
What You'll Bring
You're the bird we're looking for if you have:
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and are a member of the bar in at least one state (preferably Massachusetts).
- 5-8 years of in-depth experience in a corporate or transactional law firm and/or in house working directly with operations, legal and finance teams, and suppliers, customers, vendors and partners.
- Strong analytical skills for decision making for or on behalf of bluebird and demonstrating good judgment.
- Ability to identify the appropriate risks to take using your professional knowledge and understanding about the nature and extent of risk involved.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, make you an excellent negotiator who helps the organization achieve a “win-win feeling”
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.