With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stands as the global technology specialist in fraud, location, and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower the cost of compliance, and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today's digital economy.
About IDology (part of GBG Plc)
IDology is the trusted leader in digital identity verification and authentication. Since 2003, IDology has provided innovative identity solutions combined with fraud prevention tools for organizations operating in a digital environment. The IDology platform's real-time consortium network monitors and stops fraudulent activity while also driving revenue, decreasing costs, and meeting compliance regulations for companies across multiple industries.
IDology is now part of GBG, the global identity data intelligence specialist. With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location, and identity data intelligence
Reporting to the Director, Legal Counsel. You will be primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, SaaS agreements, licensing agreements, and other contracts to support the company's business. In addition to the above, you will assist with data privacy and compliance-related matters in multiple jurisdictions and assist with other legal projects as assigned.
Your knowledge for developing a working knowledge of contracting principles, business competencies, and knowledge will allow for a flexible and adaptive approach to addressing risk and opportunities in a competitive industry environment. You must be capable of researching, understanding, applying applicable laws and regulations governing data protection in support of providing recommendations to business stakeholders and leaders and meeting the needs of our clients. In this role, you also be responsible for assisting the Director of Legal Counsel with training initiatives.
What you will do:
- Draft, review, negotiate and close a wide variety of commercial contracts with the company's clients and strategic partners.
- Work closely with business partners in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Security, and other departments within IDology to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with company's policies and best interests
- Assist with the creation and implementation of legal team SOP(s)
- Research and draft memorandums regarding issues relevant to data protection (both nationally and internationally)
- Assist with GDPR, CCPA, and other Data Privacy compliance and processes
- Assist with overseeing Corporate Governance and Permits/Licensing Functioning
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- Graduate of an accredited American law school and currently licensed to practice law in any state with a preference to practice law in or obtain appropriate licensing in Georgia
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience as a transactional attorney in private practice, in-house, or preferably a mix of both
- Please note if you are hired, we will require you to attest your COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on IDology's evolving needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making
- Excellent risk assessment skills
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel internally and externally, up to and including senior executives and other key personnel
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a “can do” attitude and collegial, collaborative tone
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated and self-disciplined work ethic, with the ability to re-prioritize in “real time” when faced with competing pressures and demands on time
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, emerging tech company environment
- Ability to support an internal sales organization strongly preferred