Corporate Counsel (Hybrid 50%)
The Job Responsibilities:Supports business through the provision of legal guidance and support to business under the direction of the Executive Vice President & General Counsel.
Provide legal advice to business on daily business operations, specific strategic initiatives and other company projects via the proactive identification and proper handling of legal and compliance issues.
- Assist in the review, negotiation, drafting, and amendment of contracts, including contracts for the national and global distribution, purchase, and sale of medical and safety products and related components and services, government contracts, and product development contracts, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Responsible for tracking data privacy laws in the US and Canada. Draft, maintain, and train on employee data privacy process and policy requirements for the United States, including departmental information security concepts. Serve as liaison with Germany based Data Protection Team. Go to authority for access rights to privacy protected data.
- Support in the effective instruction and management of outside counsel in litigation matters and perform research and draft memoranda on various legal issues.
- Identifies legal risks and opportunities and advises business as to mitigation of risk and advancement of opportunities through legal strategies and solutions.
- Perform legal review of proposed advertisements and marketing materials and assist in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and conduct in-house legal training and awareness programs on legal topics, processes, and policies.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA accredited law school.
Licenses and Certification:
- Active Pennsylvania Law License
- International Association of Privacy Professional (IAPP) Certification (Preferred but required at time of hire. Company will assist employee in obtaining this certification.)
3+ years' experience functioning as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel practicing business/corporate law with an emphasis on drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements. Knowledge of and experience identifying and handling legal issues specific to the medical and safety device industries is a plus. Experience with data privacy, healthcare anti-kickback rules, or government contracts is also a plus.
- Outstanding organization, written and oral communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing tasks and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation and demonstrated ability to draft clear and legally robust documentation and correspondence.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills, with ability to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with key business partners and render legal analysis appropriate in commercial contexts in order to maximize business results.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision, within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to excel in a structured yet small and fasting moving legal department with strong alignment to a global legal and compliance team.