- JD, equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of attorney experience in corporate, project finance, equity investment, and other transactional experience with a law firm.
- Admitted to the bar or authorized to practice law in the state in which the position is located.
- 7 years of relevant work experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Experience advising clients on corporate matters, including project finance, corporate reorganizations, JVs, equity investments, and financing transactions.
- Project finance and equity investment experience (public and private) performing due diligence, and drafting principle agreements for such transactions.
- Ability to distill and prioritize complex and urgent legal issues.
- Conversant in a broad range of legal issues impacting project finance and investment transactions in the technology space, including tax, intellectual property, and employment issues.
About the Job:
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Support a variety of project finance investments (including U.S. tax equity investments), equity investment, and other renewable energy related transactions without extensive supervision, that will help us meet our goal of running on carbon-free energy in all our operations around the globe.
- Work extensively with Google's treasury and other groups to draft term sheets, perform due diligence, draft definitive documentation, and close project finance investments.
- Provide legal support for existing project finance investments (including U.S. tax equity investments), JVs, and equity investments.
- Provide education and advice on project finance matters across various departments within Google, including finance, product management, and engineering.
- Assist in developing legal strategy both on specific project finance and investment transactions, as well as across multiple transactions.