Description:Unlearn's Legal team is seeking a Corporate & Commercial Counsel who is excited about radically improving clinical trials. You are a self-starter, process-oriented, passionate about providing excellent service, and driven to support a wide variety of legal matters at a high-growth company. As Unlearn's first full-time legal hire, your work will touch many interesting and consequential issues and help shape key decisions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including master services agreements, vendor agreements, licensing agreements, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, offer letters, and separation agreements.
- Provide practical day-to-day and strategic advice to Unlearn's Leadership, Business Development, Alliance Management, Technology, Science, and Finance teams.
- Ensure that contracting never becomes a bottleneck for Unlearn's growth by deploying scalable self-service tools and automated processes.
- Develop form legal agreements, playbooks, and training programs that empower business colleagues to manage legal risks at scale.
- Manage outside counsel relationships and negotiate rates, budgets, and timelines.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, employment, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to maintain the ability to provide sound compliance advice.
- Lead and take charge of special legal projects from start to finish.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- 6+ years of combined experience practicing as a technology transactions or commercial attorney within a leading law firm and/or enterprise B2B company
- Deep expertise in commercial transactions, data licensing transactions, and enterprise B2B transactions
- Track record of managing strategic partner negotiations and contract drafting from start to finish and driving process improvements
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, IP, and employment agreements
- Provides clear, concise legal advice given imperfect information
- Approachable and patient with internal clients and passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- This position will ideally be based in Unlearn's San Francisco HQ; however, exceptional U.S.-based remote candidates will be considered
- Must currently be an active member in good standing and eligible to practice law in at least one jurisdiction of the United States
- Experience with life science companies
- Experience working in an early-stage startup