We are seeking a Corporate Attorney to join American Tower's corporate Legal department and assist with a wide range of general corporate and regulatory matters, including acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, debt financings, contracts, compliance, and other transactions. The Corporate Attorney will also assist with preparing Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) filings.
What You Can Offer Us:
- Assist with drafting and reviewing SEC and NYSE filings, including annual reports to shareholders and proxy statements, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 reporting, stock-based compensation plans, and investor relations presentations.
- Support the corporate Tax, Finance, IT, and Human Resources departments as well as related international teams on contractual items including SaaS, consulting, confidentiality, and intercompany structuring agreements.
- Provide legal support for corporate finance transactions, including public and private securities offerings, debt financings, derivatives transactions, and regional financing matters.
- Assist with maintaining and administering Company policies.
- Help prepare Board of Directors and Committee materials, including annual director and officer questionnaires.
- Assist with regulatory matters such as Office of Foreign Assets Control and GDPR.
- Work efficiently and effectively with the corporate Legal team and serve as a resource to the corporate Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Finance, Investor Relations, and Human Resources teams as well and various international and other teams.
- Conduct research on, and attend trainings for, corporate and securities law matters.
- Direct and correspond with outside counsel and other third parties regarding filings and corporate finance transactions.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Juris Doctor degree required.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state.
- Between 2–5 years of corporate law experience required, experience working in a large law firm on corporate securities matters, compliance issues, and financing transactions preferred.
- Experience drafting and reviewing periodic reports filed with the SEC.
- Experience drafting and reviewing a diversity of legal agreements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong research skills.
- Experience preparing materials for Board of Director and related committee meetings.
- Exceptional ability to work as a team player and integrate with legal and non-legal personnel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
Our Core Principles (https://www.americantower.com/us/company/vision-mission-and-core-principles.html#xd_co_f=OWYzOTJjOGItMjY1MC00ZWVkLTkxYjktNjYzNzAzZGZkYTAx~) are the foundation of our culture, and we're focused on achieving continued success by thinking long - term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our vision is to make wireless communication possible everywhere. American Tower provides the wireless infrastructure needed to enable a connected world - outdoors, indoors, and in urban and rural locations. We are one of the largest global Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless and broadcast communications real estate. Our global portfolio includes approximately 221,000 sites, with more than 43,000 in the U.S., and is experiencing steady growth. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has offices across the United States and in 25 countries around the globe.