Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
Our Commercial, Charities and Real Estate practices are recognized for the ground-breaking work they do. Our lawyers are highly rated by both Chambers and Legal 500 in a number of other areas such as mergers and acquisitions, brands, intellectual property, hotels, investment funds, sponsorship and partnerships. As a leader in advising successful people around the world we understand the unique issues surrounding private capital. This can range from investment, structuring and control of cross-border investments to the corporate and personal tax issues created.
Overview of Corporate, US Sports and Entertainment Practice
Our Corporate, US Sports and Entertainment and Investment Management practices is a unique practice that focuses on advising a diverse group of companies, entrepreneurs, talented and creative individuals, investors, family offices and venture and other funds around the world.
Our corporate and fund clients operate in a variety of industries, including hospitality, luxury goods and services, sports and entertainment, venture capital, private equity, art and digital assets and crypto currencies. Our team is called upon to advise on issues that arise over the entire life cycle of a company or fund, from formation to securing investments, to completing sales of assets or investments, mergers and acquisitions, and advising on an array of commercial transactions. We excel at working with corporate and fund clients both large and small, new and long-established and domestic and international.
The team also serves as personal legal counsel to talented and creative individuals across the sports and entertainment industries, providing personal and holistic advice on a variety of professional, brand management, investment, personal business, and commercial activities.
We are looking to hire ambitious candidates to help continue the exciting growth of our unique Corporate; Sports and Entertainment practice. The scope of this role will include general corporate, commercial, securities, joint ventures, cross-border M&A and general corporate representation. A significant focus of this role will be on advising high net worth domestic and international companies, funds and individuals, including talented and creative individuals in the sports and entertainment industries, family offices and their respective advisors on a variety of corporate, and commercial activities.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong academic credentials
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a law firm's Corporate group
- Strong drafting, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work directly with business owners, and investors as general corporate counsel and as a strategic advisor
- Ability to work directly with our talent and creative clients, and their financial, business, or other professional advisors as a personal general counsel
- Exposure to complex corporate transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, investments, financings and corporate restructuring
- Experience with Venture Capital fund formation, and the execution of fund investments
- Experience conducting due diligence review in connection with various corporate and securities transactions
- Experience reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts;
- Strong project management and leadership ability;
- Strong ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Team Player
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- International experience a plus
- Venture capital experience a plus
- Experience with high net worth individual clients (including talented and creative clients) and family offices a plus
Annual compensation commensurate with experience. Base compensation range $220,000 to $280,000.