Description:Please note that we are not accepting search firm submissions for this position.
Global Statement On Inclusion and DiversityAt Dentons, inclusion and diversity are not just ancillary values. They are foundational to our business. We believe that inclusion and diversity are essential to the success and strength of our people, our firm, our clients and the delivery of justice in our communities. We commit to having an inclusive environment and a culture of equity where everyone respects, supports and learns from each other, where all our people feel empowered to be their authentic selves and are valued equally for their unique perspectives and experiences.
Read our full global inclusion and diversity statement.
Responsibilities and practice:
Dentons US LLP is seeking a mid-level Consumer Products Litigation & Regulatory associate to join our sophisticated Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in our San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, or Oakland office. Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, 2-5 years of legal experience, and proven ability to manage complex litigation and investigations. Our associates work collaboratively with our clients and partners throughout the firm, and are key members of our team. The associate hired for this position will work on litigation and will also focus on regulatory matters involving the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state and federal consumer product safety laws. Expected responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Affirmative regulatory reporting and responding to regulatory investigations
- Counseling clients on compliance with consumer product safety statutes, regulations, and standards
- Advertising claims substantiation review
- Drafting and preparing briefs, pleadings, motions and other documents, primarily for consumer class action work
- Conducting legal research and writing memoranda
- Working on all aspects of disputes from inception through trial
- Supporting the team on business development and other litigation and regulatory-related matters as needed
Pursuant to California law, the salary range for this position is $215,000 - $305,000 based on experience and office location. This is a great opportunity to work with dedicated lawyers who are extremely passionate about their work and clients, all while enjoying the benefits of an international law firm. Dentons' Consumer Products team is able to help manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers of consumer products deftly navigate the global regulatory landscape, including their interactions with local regulators. Dentons lawyers have worked with regulatory bodies throughout the world. This candidate should have a particular desire to work on matters before the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and the National Advertising Division (NAD).
- Can effectively communicate research into meaningful written work product
- Possesses exceptional writing and analytical skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates sound judgment and possesses keen attention to detail
- Has wonderful organizational skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a law firm is required
- Regulatory expertise involving the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Federal Trade Commission (or a keen interest in learning to work on matters before these regulatory agencies) is required
- Experience with multi-jurisdictional litigation and class actions is strongly preferred
- Strong litigation skills, such as serving as the case management lead, taking depositions, or demonstration of superb oratory skills are required; significant deposition and court experience is preferred
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of California and be in good standing
- Must include a law school transcript and strong writing sample with application
Dentons US LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.