Lewis Brisbois offers legal practice in more than 40 specialties, and a multitude of sub-specialties. Our attorneys have broad knowledge, experience, and sensitivity to our clients' unique needs. Through interaction among our practice groups, Lewis Brisbois provides a wide range of legal services to each client with a continuity of representation across multiple disciplines. We have built longstanding relationships with corporate and institutional clients based on our ability to provide comprehensive service on a national scale.
With over 50 offices across the nation, our attorneys reflect the communities in which they live. Lewis Brisbois' culture has fostered a diverse group of professionals committed to promoting the best interests of our clients, our communities, and the legal profession. We support diversity in communities across the nation through new and ongoing relationships with minority and women-owned businesses.
We offer competitive compensation and in addition, Lewis Brisbois offers a range of benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO for eligible classifications and a bonus for those who exceed their minimum hourly requirements. We also offer excellent opportunities for growth and advancement while working with a collaborative team.
The Litigation group is seeking an attorney with at least five (5) years of experience to join the New York office.
- At least five (5) years of experience in some or all of the following substantive areas:
- Civil litigation arising from personal injury in the areas of construction (New York Labor Law), medical malpractice and/or general liability
- Experience in managing a litigation caseload from beginning to end
- Experience drafting legal documents, such as briefs, motions and discovery requests
- Experience conducting research on legal issues associated with the cases
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with clients, team and partners and providing timely reporting and appearing in court
- Trial experience involving personal injury defense matters in any of the above areas are a plus
- Must be admitted to practice in New York
- The annual billable requirement for this position is 1,950 hours
- USD $115,000.00/Yr.
- USD $150,000.00/Yr.