Description:We are looking for an experienced construction defect defense attorney to join our team of litigators in San Diego, Irvine, or Los Angeles, CA. A successful candidate is experienced defending civil litigation matters. We are looking for someone with experience in medical malpractice law. This is a priority. The ideal candidate is ready to hit the ground running. This position is not suitable for first or second year attorneys.
Candidates for this position may be regular full-time or participate in our part time hourly attorney program. Part time hourly attorneys are still part of a litigation team, participate in the firm's education program, and receive the same amount of support they would if they were working full-time. Most importantly, hourly attorneys receive the same caliber of interesting and meaningful casework their successful track record deserves.
Tyson & Mendes also offers attorneys the option to work for teams located in areas other than where they live. If you are licensed to practice in one of our states even if you do not live close to one of our offices, please let us know!
- Develop a case theme that is more compelling than any plaintiff ploy for sympathy or anger
- Refuse to accept mediocrity, the average, the standard or the norm in anything
- Independently handle court appearances, depositions, briefs and trials
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Routine communications with clients
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future clients
- Provide leadership and direction with respect to less experienced attorneys
- JD from an ABA approved school
- Must be licensed in California
- 3-10 years of solid litigation experience, specifically with litigation support, deposition and trial preparation
- Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
- Experience handling insurance defense matters preferred
- Experience with time management systems
- Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeano