This position can be located anywhere in the state of Florida but we do require Florida commercial real property experience.
The Fund's mission is to support Real Estate Attorneys throughout Florida. We are also committed to our employees and making The Fund a great place to work! We offer a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans.
In this position, the Underwriting Counsel, Commercial Services provides insuring decisions related to complex commercial real property transactions and applying advanced legal concepts and procedures to Fund Members and Commercial and Senior Examiners.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the highest level of underwriting and transactional support service to Fund Members to meet the unique needs of each complex commercial in protection of Fund commercial market share and promote Fund commercial transaction market share growth.
- Advise Fund Members and Examiners of underwriting requirements on all areas of real estate transactions and title insurance based upon applying underwriting and risk analysis.
- Coordinate Underwriting services with Escrow Services, Branches Operations, and Finance to facilitate commercial transactions.
- Identify and maintain current legal standards and procedures in parallel with regulatory requirements to properly characterize or determine the legal effect of a transaction.
- Manage increased risk to The Fund and the underwriter.
- Participate in meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, create and assure the accuracy of underwriting guidelines and educational materials, provide approvals and resolve problems.
- Create and deliver legal presentations for Fund Members, staff and the title insurance industry.
- Publish articles concerning commercial real estate and title insurance legal issues and make presentations on relevant legal matters.
- Visit commercial customers as needed to promote the use of The Fund’s commercial transaction services.
- Maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Provide underwriting approval for large dollar and high risk transactions.
- Issue periodic and special reports to Underwriting Management and others as required.
- Participate in various trade organizations on behalf of The Fund to maintain current knowledge of title insurance needs of prospective customer groups.
You must have:
- JD Degree
- Three years concentrated Florida commercial real property experience or experience in the commercial title insurance industry.
Travel: Occasional in-state travel may be required.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.