Description:Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We're looking for a Commercial Counsel to join our Legal team, reporting directly to our General Counsel. We are looking for a seasoned commercial counsel who can take responsibility for drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of commercial agreements and be a trusted advisor to the business. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on our company's continued growth. With offices internationally in China, Japan, Hong Kong, and France, you will also have the opportunity to work with local counsel to develop expertise in international law and gain a deep understanding of our business operations.
This role is based out of our Santa Ana office. Hybrid remote candidates in Southern California will also be considered.
What You'll Do:
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial contracts, including: software, NDA, partnership, supply, marketing, and vendor agreements
- Partner with other business units to provide legal guidance
- Maintain and update the company's policies in compliance with applicable laws
- Maintain organized form agreements and work with outside counsel to periodically develop new or update existing forms in response to business needs
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and external business partners including other departments, such as Product, Technology, Accounting, Finance and the Customer Resolution Center to spot and resolve issues
- Support the legal department on additional projects and tasks as needed
Who You Are:
- A graduate of a top law school with AmLaw100 or other large national law firm experience
- In good, active standing with the California Bar
- Possess 5-7 years as a practicing attorney, with in-house experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with company employees, executives, and outside counsel
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities