Measurabl has developed the leading ESG (environmental, social, governance) data management solution for commercial real estate—and we're looking forward to doing so much more. Our team is a diverse group of innovators, leaders, and creators who are passionate about the work we do. We believe technology plays a central role in creating a sustainable, equitable world, and we're working to build something that matters. At Measurabl, the Commercial Counsel supports a variety of transactions across the company, including strategic partner and vendor deals. The role requires attention to a wide range of legal and compliance matters including contracts, IP, data privacy, and employment. We are looking for someone that is commercially minded, who has worked in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional environments, and has experience working in a high-growth tech environment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide end-to-end contract support (i.e., review, drafting, negotiating and readying for execution) to our sales and customer success teams on a broad range of commercial agreements in support of new sales, upsells, renewals, and partnerships.
- Lead legal's involvement in the contract life cycle, including dealing with initial requests for proposals/information (RFP/RFIs), contract redline review and negotiation, and internal communication and management of any non-standard contract requirements.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements with key partners and vendors, primarily SaaS and Data product agreements, channel partner reseller agreements, also data distribution arrangements and other vendor agreements.
- Create and implement scalable contract policies, processes and templates for new business initiatives and to expedite contract review, negotiation, and deal close, and ensure compliance with current legislation across global jurisdictions.
- Identify and evaluate both business and legal risks, and find creative solutions to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Data Privacy and Compliance:
- Research, monitor and address relevant industry regulations including on new and emerging employment, privacy, cybersecurity and tech laws to serve as an internal resource on topics of importance to our business.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks.
- Partner with the operations and security teams to ensure ongoing compliance with GDPR and other relevant privacy laws.
- Assist with activities related to compliance obligations, audits, assessments and accreditations.
- General Legal Support:
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Legal team to ensure that business priorities are met and the responsibilities of the department are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Provide ad hoc support as and when required to managers, HR, finance and key company stakeholders.
- Support our Human Resources team with legal employment matters.
- Assist with drafting and updating of company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Collaborative nature.
- Pragmatic mindset balancing protecting the company from risk while enabling fast paced growth and innovation.
- Strong negotiation and business acumen.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with clear and concise drafting skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexible and responsive.
- Ability to effectively create and implement new and scalable processes.
- Ability to work independently while having good judgment to escalate significant matters.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of software systems.
Education & Experience:
We have identified the following programs, experience, and knowledge that have helped others find success in this role at Measurabl. We understand though that knowledge comes from many forms of learning and experiences. Above all, we consider a person's potential impact in the role and value their unique path to this point in their career.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (ideally combined between a technology transactions department at a law firm and an in-house legal department with a high-growth technology company).
- Law Degree (Juris Doctor) with excellent academic credentials.
- Active license and certification to practice law in good standing.
- A combination of professional or educational experience (whether formal or informal) that affords you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities above.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.