The Commercial Counsel will be primarily responsible for (i) reviewing, revising, and negotiating complex commercial contracts; and (ii) managing the commercial contracts function and improving intake and turnaround process.
Commercial contracts review and closing (70%)
- Review, revise, and negotiate complex commercial contracts.
- Manage across departments to timely close complex customer, channel, and other agreements.
- Formulate practical and creative ideas to solve negotiation and progress impediments.
- Work with business colleagues to achieve optimal terms for Advanced Energy with minimal supervision.
- Perform integration and remediation of acquired companies' contracts.
Commercial contracts process management and improvement (30%)
- Streamline and maintain the flow of all inbound and outbound commercial contracts.
- Develop and implement best practices and procedures that will mitigate the company's risk.
- Develop and implement contracts playbooks and standard contract provisions.
- Develop and implement use of template agreements.
- Develop training material, organize, and lead trainings.
- Lead process to select and implement contracts management system.
- Responsible for supervising/achieving on time delivery of contracts reviewed by commercial legal team.
- Bring structure, uniformity, and efficiency to the legal department's commercial work.
- Location: Preference is AE's Corporate HQ in Denver, CO, other AE locations will be considered
- Environment: Work in a standard office environment
- Travel: Likely none or very little, 1-10%
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and are adept at working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Effectively prioritize and advance multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- An effective, positive negotiator who can develop creative solutions to navigate complex legal issues to both protect Advanced Energy Industries and drive our business forward
- 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, with strong attention to detail. A combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- 3+ years project management experience
Juris Doctor degree and member in good standing of a US state bar.