Description:Looking for a workplace where people realize their full potential, are recognized for the impact they make, and enjoy the company of the peers they work with? Welcome to Zensar! Read on for more details on the role and about us.
What's this role about?
Zensar Technologies, Inc., a leading digital solutions, artificial intelligence, and technology services company, is seeking a commercial counsel to assist Zensar's legal team on a wide variety of transactional matters.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who wants to join the legal department of a cutting-edge technology company with aggressive growth plans. An inquisitive personality and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude are essential for this role. This individual would work with and report to the Deputy General Counsel for the Americas and will have opportunities to work directly with the General Counsel on various projects.
Day-to-day responsibilities include negotiating an array of master service agreements, vendor agreements, NDAs, statements of work (SOWs), and other legal and commercial documents. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience handling technology and outsourcing agreements and have working facility and/or strong interest in privacy and cybersecurity issues (CCPA, GDPR, etc.).
The role will require some work from our office in accordance with company remote and hybrid working policies.
Here's how you'll contribute:
In this role you will help us:
- Negotiate, draft, and analyze a wide variety of contracts, including inbound vendor and subcontracting contracts, client-facing master services agreements, statements of work, software and Cloud license agreements, strategic alliance and partnership agreements, reseller agreements, staffing company contracts, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Work closely with the sales and delivery teams located in the Unites States and the Americas to review and respond to client RFPs.
- Provide support to the Deputy General Counsel on various legal and compliance matters in North and South America.
- Monitor and assist with the management of the commercial contracting team's workflow process and communications during US work hours.
- Counsel multiple business lines within Zensar, including sales and delivery, marketing, Infosec and HR, on legal issues and risks, company policies and procedures and intellectual property protection.
- This position will have frequent contact with legal department members and management in India and will support the company in its major market in the US, with some ancillary work in other countries in North and South America.
Skills required to contribute:
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts, data protection agreements, preferably IT outsourcing master services agreements, vendor and subcontractor agreements, statements of work, reseller and partner agreements, XaaS subscription and Cloud hosting agreements, staffing agency agreements, and NDAs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with or interest in data privacy and cybersecurity, information technology, AI, machine learning and all related areas of law such as intellectual property, licensing, data rights are helpful.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters with a team-player attitude.
- Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Technology savvy or experience in technology platforms for contract lifecycle management is a plus; experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Multinational/international legal knowledge and experience a plus.
- Sense of humor, project management skills and commitment to professionalism are required.
Education and Preferred Experience
Candidates must have a J.D. from a reputable ABA-accredited law school and be a member in good standing of a state bar. Previous large law firm experience or training is a plus. Previous experience as an in-house outsourcing or technology lawyer is preferred. Greater Philadelphia / New Jersey area.
We are a technology consulting and services company with 11, 800+ associates in 33 global locations. More than 130 leading enterprises depend on our expertise to be more disruptive, agile and competitive. We focus on conceptualizing, designing, engineering, marketing, and managing digital products and experiences for high-growth companies looking to disrupt through innovation and velocity.
Zensar Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace. Please be assured that we will consider all qualified applicants fairly, regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans' status.
Zensar is a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing. We put our people and customers at the center of everything that we do. Our core values include:
- Putting people first
Grow. Own. Achieve. Learn. with Zensar: www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2NZsiQqVnU
Ready to #ExperienceZensar?
Begin your application by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below. Be sure to have your resume handy!