Description:Position: Chief Legal Counsel
Reports to: President/CEO
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
The Chief Legal Counsel is responsible for drafting and negotiating company contracts, human resources, risk management, corporate and other legal compliance, and providing legal training and support.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide legal review and approval recommendations to Chief Executive Officer for all company contracts.
- Provide legal support to company team members for all contract-related issues including maximization of contractual rights and contractual compliance issues, procurement compliance support, payment and mechanic's lien issues.
- Manage outside legal counsel.
- Respond to Registrar of Contractors and other administrative agency complaints, audits and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain master contracts, project agreements, vendor agreements, manuscript contracts and all other contracting related issues.
- Develop and maintain correspondence forms to support company team members on legal issues.
- Develop and maintain company employment policies and handbook.
- Oversee employment regulation compliance.
- Manage company disciplinary procedures and employee claims.
- Provide legal support for company team members regarding employment regulations and compliance issues.
- Manage legal claims, including lawsuits, audits, worker's compensation claims, automobile accident claims, and personal injury claims.
- Oversee and support Caliente Construction claims against owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide risk management policy review and recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver training seminars for company team members on legal, human resources, risk management and leadership issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Juris Doctorate Degree.
- Member in good standing with the Arizona State Bar.
- Efficient and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Team player, ability to recognize how individual actions affect the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changes to planned tasks or schedule.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week or more, if required
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. unassisted
- May require repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers
- May require prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing throughout workday
- Willing to travel to various job sites and other locations
- Valid driver license and proof of insurability required when job duties require use of motor vehicle
- Requires exercising of discretion in decision making process and maintaining of strict confidentiality with respect to applicant, employee and company proprietary related information
The preceding covers the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It should not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day-to-day.
Caliente Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.