High Exposure Attorneys are the highest form of in-house trial attorneys with extensive lead attorney trial experience in high exposure and/or complex matters.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for handling a range of high exposure/complex cases including, but not limited to, catastrophic burns, scarring/disfigurement, brain or other cognitive injuries, partial and/or full amputation/paralysis, reflect sympathetic dystrophy or Kreps, and other significant and/or complex legal matters.
- Perform any task and fulfill any duty necessary and integral for the proper and zealous representation of the clients.
- Mentor attorneys and others as needed in order to improve client representation and customer service, overall file handling, advocacy, legal and trial skills.
- Present topics and/or act in a liaison capacity at educational seminars both within and outside the Department.
- Serve as a legal resource for the BLOs and Farmers Claims.
- Assume case handling responsibilities at late stages of litigations, as needed.
- Interface and consult with all department heads and other executive level personnel as required.
- Attend social or business functions as a representative of the Department and/or the Company Perform special assignments, tasks and other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying files up to 20 lbs, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment with exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions as required by the exigencies of the issues or subject matter. High Exposure Attorneys are expected to handle any matter assigned within their State of licensure and Courts of Admittance, which may require travel by vehicle, train, or air with extended overnight and/or lengthier travel periods.
Bachelor's degree required, law school degree from a State or American Bar Association accredited law school, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which the position is located.
Five years experience handling larger exposure matters. Must have the requisite background, knowledge and skill set to handle high exposure multi-party litigation, high profile litigation, cases involving inadequate policy limits, reservation of rights, property rights, as well cases with uncommon and/or unique legal theories or causes of action.
Special Skill Requirement
Expansive knowledge of both procedural and substantive law. Superlative skills in all areas including, but not limited to, trial, public speaking and/or communication, case preparation, strategy, advocacy, negotiations, depositions, expert witnesses, damages, ana lysis/evaluation, reporting and client/customer service.
Job Location(s): US - CA - Oakland, US - CA - Alameda-1751, US - CA - Concord, US - CA - Pleasanton, US - CA - Rancho Cordova, US - CA - Remote, US - CA - Roseville, US - CA - Sacramento, US - CA - San Francisco, US - CA - Santa Rosa