About the job
Busy Civil Litigation insurance defense law firm seeks an entry-level attorney.
We have a friendly but fast-paced atmosphere and are looking for a team player with a great attitude. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, take instructions well and be able to multitask. Excellent written and oral communication skills are important to us, as well. The candidate is expected to provide support to partner in case development; track cases; summarizing records and depositions, prepare and e-file pleadings, discovery, motions and other legal documents; and work with paralegals/legal assistants. Primary responsibilities: provide support to partner on meeting case deadlines, keep cases on track with organized files; prepare and e-file legal documents; transcribe dictation; calendar trial settings and case deadlines; monitoring calendars; documenting actions; communicate case information to file and assigned attorneys; and assisting clients and support staff with confirming case status and communicating regularly with clients.
The ideal candidate will also need to exhibit the following:
- Manage docket by maintaining contact with assigned team involved in the case and draft letters/status reports;
- Keep clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress;
- Support case planning by preparing case documents required for client meetings/conference calls, depositions and mediations;
- Prepare pleadings; discovery requests; monitoring discovery responses; and organizing materials for team case review; and
- Work with paralegals/legal assistants in preparing notebooks for depositions/mediations/trial;
- Assist scheduling client meetings/conferences; depositions; & mediations.
Our firm offers health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance. Additional benefits include paid time off and a 401(k) plan with a generous match.
If you are a candidate who meets the above requirements, please submit a resume for our consideration. Cover letters, if they provide additional helpful information, are appreciated but not required.
Job Type: Full-time