Provides general legal counsel on government and regulatory enforcement investigations and inquiries. May represent the Bank of America, its entities and/or employees ("the Bank") in legal actions.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the Bank's response to investigations and inquiries, primarily related to consumer, small business, and mortgage products (including CFPB, DOJ, and state attorneys general). May also handle inquiries related to wealth management and commercial banking and markets businesses and products.
- Manage internal investigations relating to potential regulatory enforcement matters, including interviewing key witnesses and assessing appropriate outcomes;
- Interact on a routine basis with government personnel;
- Report to senior management on legal risks presented by outstanding investigations and appropriate strategy. Must be able to communicate complicated legal issues in a clear and effective manner to business clients and other attorneys, both in oral and written presentations;
- Advise and assist in the identification, escalation and resolution of potential conflicts and reputational issues;
- Closely manage and supervise outside counsel on all aspects of representation, ranging from legal strategy to appropriate budgets.
Required Skills And Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have 7+ years of in-house and/or law firm experience
- J.D. and admission to at least one state bar required with strong academic credentials
- Significant experience in managing internal investigations
- Significant experience in managing complex litigation and regulatory enforcement matters
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and operate using sound business judgment on a day-to-day basis with limited supervision
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with short deadlines with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with attorneys, paralegals, business partners, risk partners and other support staff
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skill