We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Leah B. Guilbeau & Associates, staff counsel for the Law Department of State Farm Insurance companies, is seeking an insurance defense trial attorney to join our Lafayette, LA office.
The candidate should be detail oriented with strong organizational skills, possess strong interpersonal skills, superior oral advocacy and writing skills, the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and manage a caseload where all work is time sensitive. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
Based in Lafayette, LA, we enjoy an active and busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented, and professional work environment with skilled support staff.
- 3+ years of civil litigation/jury trial experience, preferably in insurance defense practice
- Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in Louisiana and be a member in good standing with the state bar
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.