Description:Successful personal injury firm in Kansas City seeks an associate attorney with at least four years of litigation experience representing personal injury plaintiffs to join our newly established office in Country Club Plaza. Prairie Valley Injury Law is a growing and dynamic firm with a multi-state footprint and an affiliation with one of the nation's most successful law firms. Applicants should have a strong academic record, a comfortability with leading a team and a willingness to learn from an established brand. Please submit a resume and writing sample for consideration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gathering and reviewing medical evidence and medical records.
- Taking and defending depositions of experts and other relevant parties.
- First or Second Chair Experience at Trial.
- Conducting discovery.
- Performing legal research.
- Remaining current with developments in the law.
- Drafting pleadings, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions, and other legal documents.
- Represent the interests of clients at hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations, and other proceedings.
- Communicate with claims representatives.
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and problem areas.
- Negotiate settlements on behalf of clients.
- Some travel for training and team collaboration required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Kansas license or successful completion of Kansas bar exam with immediate eligibility for reciprocity in and/or application on transfer of UBE scores to Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska is preferred.
- Willingness to sit for Nevada Bar.
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to problem solve independently.
- Working knowledge of legal principles and practices.
- Inherent, local knowledge and familiarity of the greater-Kansas City metroplex required.
- In depth knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques and legal terminology.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Outstanding organizational, research and administrative skills.
- Established interpersonal skills. Introverts need not apply.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent telephone and writing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well independently.
- Organization, planning, attention to detail, and dependability.
- Social Media presence, or willingness to build and establish such is preferred.
- Firm and client confidentiality required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Choose your own hours
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kansas City, MO 64112: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bar (Preferred)
Work Location: In person