Description:Castor Easton LLP has an opportunity for a full-time attorney who is experienced in general corporate matters to join the firm's expanding practice. The candidate will be expected to perform all the duties of a traditional law firm attorney, with an emphasis on the ability to act as lead attorney.
The right candidate will have a passion for corporate and entrepreneurial law, strong analytical and writing skills, and an ability to relate to and inspire confidence with sophisticated clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be self-motivated, and able to function with excellence with minimal oversight. This is a great opportunity for the right lawyer to join one of Indiana's leading boutique business law firms in a tight-knit, collegial and team-oriented environment. Our firm provides “big law” quality work in a streamlined boutique firm setting.
- Responsible for handling a large volume of various contracts including drafting, reviewing, editing, negotiating and closing.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and support on matters relating to business transactions including preparing and reviewing various legal instruments and documents such as contracts, leases, licensing, non-disclosure agreements, banking and other agreements.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and support on corporate transactions including capital contributions, acquisitions, consolidations, divestitures and dissolutions; such as acting as legal counsel in due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and support on corporate governance matters.
- Oversee and resolve contract and other legal disputes.
- Talented in securities, transactions, and litigation.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- Able to effectively manage difficult, demanding and varied assignments with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, stressing teamwork and innovation.
- Outstanding judgment, professionalism and analytical skills.
- Customer service oriented with the ability for developing long lasting relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Uses multiple strategies to persuade others, identifies and removes barriers to agreements, wins concessions effectively, and provides input into future negotiation processes or strategies.
- Demonstrates consistent, meticulous attention to detail, efficiently drafts agreements, amendments, other transactional documents, and takes pride in his/her work product, which must be substantially free of errors.
- Communicates in a concise, professional, and business-like manner with clients, attorneys and paralegals.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Experience in securities law and corporate finance – Preferred
- Experience drafting complex agreements (e.g., various securities offering documents, technology related agreements, and vendor agreements) – Preferred
- JD from an accredited law school
- Exceptional academic performance
- Admitted to practice in Indiana
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN 46204: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bar (Preferred)
Work Location: In person