Jeremy R. Maline & Associates insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies, is seeking an insurance defense attorney to join our Denver Claims Litigation Counsel office, located in Westminster, CO. Candidates must possess exceptional knowledge of civil trial procedure, outstanding research abilities, excellent written and oral advocacy skills, and strong software/technological skills. Competitive candidates will be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to independently manage a caseload where all work is time sensitive. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
Located in Westminster, CO. we enjoy and active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff.
Location: 11080 Circle Point Road Suite 400 Westminster, CO 80020
- Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in Colorado and a member in good standing with the Colorado Bar
- 2-7 years of experience handling first and third-party cases from inception to conclusion with an emphasis on auto cases
- Jury trial experience
- Knowledge of local and state discovery rules, trial procedures, and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience
- Experience directing support staff on clerical and administrative matters related to lawsuit handling
- Strong automation/technological skills for lawsuit handling and courtroom presentation
- Experience working in a paperless electronic environment
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunities.
- Potential salary range: $104,500.00 – $130,000.00
- Potential yearly incentive pays up to 16% of base salary (results may vary from year to year)