Description:Role: Pre-Litigation Attorneys manage client files from initial stages of the representation through completion (settlement, withdraw or referral). Attorneys review files for legal issues and work closely with assigned Case Managers to provide exceptional client service. Attorneys review settlement demand packets and engage in negotiation with insurance personnel and defense counsel in an attempt to reach settlement of pre-litigation injury claims.
Essential job duties include:
- Managing caseload of personal injury files
- Communicating with insurance adjusters/defense attorneys
- Managing case managers
- Negotiating pre-suit settlement of personal injury claims
- Conducting legal research
- Attending hearings, arbitrations, mediations as assigned
Attributes for success: Positive, organized, responsive and team oriented.
Key Results Areas: What defines success for this position?
Responsive and proactive client communication; never let a voicemail go unreturned and return calls within 24 hours.
- Consistently meet or exceed personal and firm-wide settlement goals through professional negotiation strategies
- Review and manage client files in conjunction with Case Manager
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and ability to adapt to changes
Must be licensed to practice law in State of Illinois.