Veritas-HHS seeks an Attorney to work within the 11th Judicial District of TN. A Sign-On bonus will be paid in the lump sum of $500 (minus applicable withholdings and deductions) to the employee in the first payroll after their start date.
About the Company
Veritas-HHS provides consulting and operational expertise to health and human services agencies at the state and county levels. We bring together experienced and sophisticated subject matter experts to help solve the many challenges of providing better and more efficient services in a time of rapidly evolving policies and delivery systems.
Our Company Culture is driven by our mission and core values. Placing our people at the forefront of everything we do is the backbone to our success and why people really enjoy working for Veritas-HHS. Here’s our Mission and Core Values.
Mission – Do socially useful work, have fun, and prosper
Core Values - integrity, innovation and creativity, quality of work, and customer service/teamwork.
About the Position:
The Attorney is responsible for the legal actions required in a designated caseload and represents the interests of the State Child Support Program in judicial and administrative hearings, including appeals, in a manner consistent with the provisions of the Code of Professional Responsibility. The Attorney works in collaboration with case managers and specialists, providing legal guidance to ensure actions are legally sufficient and meet State policy and procedural requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with members of the judiciary and court, State and County agencies, and community partner staffs.
- Attend and respectfully represent the State IV-D program in all judicial and, as directed by policy, administrative hearings involving Title IV-D cases.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on courses of action for child support enforcement in order to ensure fulfillment of contract requirements.
- Review consent agreements and other legal documents.
- Sign legal pleadings and prepare witnesses for hearings.
- Stay up to date on child support law and policy.
- Serve as an active team member to ensure a total quality approach.
- Other related duties as required.
- Licensed attorney and member of the Tennessee Bar
- Experience practicing domestic relations and/or child support law is preferred
Veritas HHS provides consulting and operational expertise to health and human services agencies at the state and county levels. Veritas HHS brings together experienced and sophisticated subject matter experts to help solve the many challenges of providing better and more efficient services in a time of rapidly evolving policies and delivery systems.
Learn about Veritas HHS at www.veritas-hhs.com.