L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking an Attorney to join our team. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City or Carlsbad, CA facilities.
The successful candidate will provide accurate, timely, business-oriented legal advice to all levels of company management in connection with obtaining and performing contracts and subcontracts on U.S. Government programs. The successful candidate will also advise company management on international pursuits and contract performance, as well as commercial activities and a wide variety of other legal matters facing the company. The attorney will be located at the company’s facilities in Salt Lake City, UT or Carlsbad, CA. Domestic and international travel may be required.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, law degree and actively licensed to practice law.
- Five to seven (5 -7) years of directly transferable experience on U.S. Government contract matters.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR/DFARS as well as those requirements unique to contracting with the Government (e.g., CAS, TINA, SCA, GSA Schedule)
- In -depth Knowledge of UCC and supply chain contracting in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced in proposal development, negotiations, contract performance and dispute resolution in connection with Government, international and commercial programs.
- Superior communications skills. Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of management and Government agency personnel, including DCAA and DCMA. Must possess excellent writing skills.
- Experienced in international business development, contracting and regulatory compliance matters, including ITAR, EAR, FCPA, and trade compliance regulations.
- Must possess sound judgment, an ability to prioritize, and be capable of working successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Must be a member of the bar in at least one state.