Description:Reporting to the CFO, the Attorney has a primary focus on drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial agreements and contract performance. Advice in other substantive areas (labor/employment, immigration, IP, general compliance) and countries (Mexico) is also provided by the small-sized legal department, working with all key functional and operating groups in North America. Well-developed organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, writing, presentation, and listening skills are required, with the ability to establish credibility and rapport with employees at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts, reviews and advises on a variety of commercial and strategic agreements, including agreements with customers and suppliers, licensing agreements, software and hardware agreements, master services agreements, construction and maintenance agreements, and other general commercial agreements.
- Proactively identifies and analyzes legal issues and risks, reviews and drafts a variety of legal documents and memos, presents clear advice and recommendations, and helps ensure legal compliance across the full spectrum of the Company's business.
- Serves as internal lawyer for labor/employment, immigration, IP, and other substantive areas of law as required, with ability to quickly learn unfamiliar areas of law.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with Company's internal divisions and departments and their management groups to assist in identifying and evaluating business objectives, legal risks, and liabilities.
- Works closely with clients to support achievement of overall business objectives by providing support and counsel beyond strictly legal advice.
- Trains, develops and motivates employees of other departments and divisions to improve their knowledge of the legal principles most applicable to their job duties.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects or investigations as needed or directed.
- In coordination with the CFO and Corporate Headquarters, optimizing methods for delivering legal services, and management of outside counsel.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience,
- JD degree completed or in progress strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Personal integrity and the ability to foster teamwork, cooperation, and consensus building
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, Bilingual in Mandarin or Spanish a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet multiple project deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bar (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance