Ardalan Law Firm PLLC is located in Rollingwood, Texas and we focus our practice on personal injury, tenants' rights, and civil litigation. We practice primarily in Travis and Williamson Counties.
We are seeking a full-time Associate Attorney to join our team. This is an ideal role for a new attorney with 0-4 years of experience trying to get an introduction to personal injury and tenants' rights advocacy or an attorney looking to practice with a low billable hour requirement. The associate will occasionally assist in other matters such as fiduciary litigation, probate litigation, real estate litigation and personal injury matters, but over 70% of the associate's time will be spent on tenant representation.
Representing tenants is rewarding and makes for a very varied practice. The associate will learn to be proficient in a variety of areas of law, from property and real estate law, to litigation, and personal injury. This is an on-site role located in Austin, Texas Metropolitan Area. The Associate Attorney will be responsible for providing legal representation to clients in housing-related matters, repair and remedy requests, including eviction defense, landlord-tenant disputes, and fair housing violations. Additional duties include legal research, drafting pleadings and motions, and representing clients in court.
To encourage a balanced lifestyle, the Firm has a relatively flexible compensation structure with a low hourly requirement. The minimum hourly billable requirement for associates with 0-4 years of experience is 125 hours per month (1500 hours per year).
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and admission to practice law in the state of Texas
- Interest in housing law, landlord-tenant disputes, and/or fair housing violations
- Excellent research, writing, and oral advocacy skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage and prioritize a caseload
- Strong commitment to social justice and advocacy for tenants in Texas
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Spanish or another language is a plus
- 0-2 years of experience preferred
Base salary is $80,000.00
Total Annual Bonuses are $10,000 to $20,000.00 depending on performance
Eligibility for healthcare coverage after 6 month probationary period
Long term disability insurance
All employment is at will.