- $38.80 - $62.09 Hourly
- $80,713 - $129,140 Annually
This position is a Pay Band LI
This job posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
This Posting Will Be Used for Ongoing Recruitment and May Close at Any Time. Applicant Lists May Be Screened More Than Once.
Why does the job exist?
The Attorney IV will:
- Provide legal services on behalf of the Human Services Department (HSD) Child Support Services Division (CSSD).
How does it get done?The Attorney IV is responsible for:
- Obtaining and enforcing child support orders;
- Filing motions and briefs in a timely manner;
- Representing the State of New Mexico in a professional and competent manner;
- Attending hearings, working with opposing counsel and pro se parties;
- Approving legal documents in a timely manner.
Who are the customers?
- HSD Child Support Services Division
The ideal candidate has:
- Courtroom experience;
- Experience working with pro se parties;
- Domestic relations experience.
Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited school of law and five (5) years of experience in the practice of law. Must be licensed as an attorney by the Supreme Court of New Mexico or qualified to apply for limited practice license (Rules 15-301.1 and 15-301.2 NMRA). For more information on limited practice licenses, please visit http://nmexam.org/limited-license/
Substitutions may apply. See Substitution Table below.
No substitutions. Must possess required licensure, certification or registration and required number of years of experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Employment is subject to a pre-employment criminal history background investigation and is conditional pending results.
- Defensive Driving Certificate.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT), extensive computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching may be required.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here (http://www.spo.state.nm.us/total-compensation.aspx)
Agency Contact Information: Michelle Lucero, (505) 487-3642.
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position:
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.