This position will support Commercial Real Estate Banking regionally, including commercial construction lending and real estate-secured loans for developer and REIT borrowers. Primarily focused on advising bankers, Wholesale Credit and Risk on bilateral and syndicated real estate-secured construction, term, and credit line lending, including working capital and subscription facilities, letters of credit, confidentiality agreements, term sheets, due diligence, document negotiation, tenant subordination agreements, construction bonds and collateral assignments, title insurance matters, post-closing document interpretation, modifications and waivers. This position will also support Real Estate Special Assets Group regionally in connection with dispute resolution, workouts, restructures and foreclosures. The position also manages outside counsel, provides risk analysis, advice on agency and intercreditor issues (with mezzanine lenders as well as syndicate lenders), policy and procedure advice and assistance, legal and regulatory guidance (including appraisal and flood regulation), contract template support and training.
Required Skills And Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in real estate secured finance transactions and related workouts and restructurings.
- JD degree and licensed U.S. attorney (pref. CA, NY, IL, NC, TX, MA, FL) in good standing.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, including ability to explain complex legal issues to clients.
- Capable of prioritizing work demands and handling multiple assignments simultaneously in an often fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment.