Description:We are looking for a litigation attorney to help in our Houston office. The position offers competitive compensation, health insurance benefits and a congenial working atmosphere. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for a dynamic work environment with opportunities to fully workup and litigate cases.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5+ years of litigation experience in personal injury. A background in representing defendants and plaintiffs in personal injury litigation is preferred. The position will provide an opportunity for the attorney to try cases. Excellent writing and research skills are required, as well as the ability to manage a complex case load.
- Must have the ability to think strategically about each case.
- Direct and support investigation on all assigned litigation matters.
- Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan for potential and current matters from pre-litigation through trial.
- Identify and retain liability, medical and legal experts for each particular matter, including their preparation for trial and/or depositions.
- Maintain communication with client through the course of the claim and litigation.
- Perform legal research on relevant issues during the pre-litigation process and throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare responsive pleadings for filing with the appropriate court.
- Advocate and respond to written discovery.
- Draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues.
- Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
- Take and defend depositions throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare and respond to various motions.
- Attend all types of hearings.
- Responsible for preparing matters for trial, including the creation of all pre-trial documents.
- Juris Doctorate degree and current good standing with Texas State Bar is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of litigation experience
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not a requirement.
- Ability to conduct depositions, manage discovery and assist with trial preparation.
- Active knowledge and ability to settle pre-litigation/litigation cases for full value.