Description:We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn't just our business – it's our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Responsible for the competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by supervisor. Cases can involve all areas of tort practice. Responsible for handling matters of moderate complexity and/or exposure and may assist in the handling of cases assigned to other attorneys.
This is a fully virtual position handling cases venued throughout the Bay Area and Silicon Valley. Comprehensive benefits package including annual bonus potential up to 20% of the salary, generous 401k, auto allowance, PTO, medical/dental vision, paid parental leave, and much more all without the stress of billable hours! Check out our Employer Brand Playbook to read more about our Company Culture!
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles cases of moderate complexity and/or exposure, or assists in cases of greater complexity and/or exposure, including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- Functionally supervises attorneys who have been requested to assist the Associate Trial Attorney in the handling of particular cases.
- Consults with and renders opinions to members of the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside en vironmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree required. Law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located.
At least one year as an Attorney or comparable outside experience. Should be capable of handling cases of moderate exposure and/or complexity with minimum supervision. Paralegal, claims, or insurance experience helpful.
Special Skill Requirement:
Public speaking, ability to function in adversarial or confrontational situations, driving.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location.CA Only: $90,400 - $130,700CO Only: $84,880 - $113,000 New York City, NY/Westchester County: $104,560 - $130,700 WA Only: $90,400 - $151,250
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/corporate/#offer