Description:Our Story + What Makes Us Special
Everytable was founded on the belief that healthy food is a human right and shouldn't be a luxury product. Everytable is a purpose-driven public benefit company; working with us is a unique opportunity to be a part of making history by redefining and transforming the food system. We're passionate about making a positive impact in the communities we serve through affordable food access, as well as economic empowerment and environmental wellbeing.
We are an inclusive and diverse team of mission-driven individuals fighting for food justice - where every community, every person and every table has access to fresh, nutritious, affordable, and culturally appropriate food. We're looking for team members who aren't afraid to shake things up and speak up for what they believe in. At Everytable, our team members are unique, outspoken, and have a sincere desire to make a world a more equitable place. If you are fiercely dedicated to social justice and inclusion and have a conscious leadership mindset, Everytable might be the place for you.
Why You'll Love this Role
This role is a full-time remote employment opportunity at our affiliated law firm, Telos Arete P.C., where you will be seconded for 60-80% of the typical workweek as fractional Associate General Counsel for Everytable. The balance of the attorney's time will be spent supervising and reviewing junior associate work product for other clients, and leading significant drafting, research, negotiation, and legal strategy activities on behalf of the Firm and its other clients.
The Firm (Telos Arete P.C.)
Join a growing law practice offering remote legal work for well-qualified attorneys focused on serving mission-driven companies and their mission-aligned investors. The Firm serves venture-backed startups, venture capital investors, and mission-driven businesses and their business owners in a wide variety of corporate, transactional, and financing-oriented scenarios. By partnering with many of its clients through legal subscription staffing arrangements, attorneys at the Firm gain invaluable experience working closely with client business leaders to problem-solve and develop legal strategies for complex businesses.
Approximately 50% of the Firm's client base is focused on the food, beverage, and dietary supplement industries, with a significant focus on D2C subscription as well as B2B sales channels. Approximately 25% of the Firm's client base is focused on venture capital investing and impact investment management. The balance of the client base is comprised of technology industry startups, small businesses, and tax-exempt entities.
The firm focuses on venture capital transactions, M&A, and fractional general counsel support for the needs of growing businesses, including regulatory, privacy, employment, commercial contracts, real estate, intellectual property, securities regulation, commercial litigation, and a variety of other service verticals.
The Firm offers flexible working arrangements, competitive compensation, a collegial and stable team environment and remote work. We value community engagement and an entrepreneurial spirit and are focused on growing our Firm across its entire client footprint. We welcome applications from candidates who are looking for an inclusive and equitable environment, where mentoring, feedback and training are emphasized.
Your Impact On the Mission:
- Support the Board of Directors and Committees, including attending Board meetings and keeping Minutes, preparation of Unanimous Written Consents, and collaboration with corporate teams for preparation of materials and agendas for meetings of the Board and Committees
- Partnering with management to develop agendas and meeting materials
- Stockholder Rights Offerings and Notices
- Equity Incentive Plans and Award Approvals - ISOs, NSOs, RSAs
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Senior Secured Debt Transactions
- Unsecured, Subordinate Debt Transactions
- Software Development and License Agreements
- PCI Compliance and Card Regulations
- Evaluating labels and marketing claims for FDA, Prop 65, and other compliance matters
- Evaluating marketing materials for misleading statements, e.g., pricing
- Evaluating supply and distribution agreements for antitrust concerns
- HIPAA and AKS compliance
- Providing legal advice to senior management on matters such as contracts, business transactions, capital markets regulations, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), intellectual property (IP), labor and employment issues, securities laws compliance, regulatory issues, litigation risk assessment and management, antitrust issues, privacy laws, international trade disputes, environmental regulations, etc.
- Providing leadership by working with other members of the legal team and corporate teams to develop corporate policies and procedures for the company
- Conducting legal research to support business decisions or provide guidance in areas where laws are ambiguous or unclear
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and other legal documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices
- Reviewing contract bids and proposals to ensure that they comply with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Preparing reports summarizing legal issues
What You'll Bring to the Table:
Qualified candidates will possess at least eight (8) years of experience in in-house counsel roles or as transactional counsel at a law firm. Experience with corporate governance, commercial contracts, debt capitalization transactions, digital and privacy regulations, website terms and conditions, payment industry regulations, franchising, and food and beverage regulations will be highly valued. Bar admission and good standing (or the ability to promptly waive-in) in California, New York, Delaware or other major market is preferred.
This job requires the ability to work remotely in a professional environment, competently manage competing priorities and deadlines, excellent contract drafting skills with complete attention to detail, and the ability to deliver sound strategic legal advice to senior members of our clients' management teams.
- At least 8 years of experience in in-house counsel roles or law firm transactional practice with experience with venture capital transactions
- Experience with startups, investors, founders and a wide array of business law experience will be valued
- Bar admission and good standing (or the ability to promptly waive-in) in CA, DE, or NY is preferred
- Ability to work remotely in a professional environment, manage competing priorities and deadlines, and draft competently with complete attention to detail
- Math and Microsoft Excel skills are strongly desired given the finance related work of this role
- Strong organizational, detail oriented, and project management skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, build strong relationships, and inspire others to collectively achieve corporate objectives
- Impeccable written and oral communication and analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively with legal and non-legal audiences at all levels of the organization
- Excellent at understanding complex topics as well as finding streamlined solutions to complex issues
- Must have the ability to handle a high volume of work and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business
- Strong ability to influence, provide point of view and to listen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the firm (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including finance, HR, and marketing
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Salary and bonus potential are competitive based on the market in which you reside and your qualifications for the role
- Opportunity to work fully remotely
- Opportunity for annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Opportunity for annual raise based on company and individual performance
- Flexible paid time off
- Growth opportunities
- Health benefits
Compensation: $160,000.00 - $225,000.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Come Join the Mission
At Everytable, we believe nutritious food is a human right. Our team is focused on making fresh and delicious meals affordable and available for everyone, everywhere. Our journey to fundamentally change the food system and the way we eat has been featured by The NY Times, LA Times, Shark Tank, Food & Wine, Forbes, and many more. We have markets, SmartFridges, and a subscription service across Los Angeles, in communities from Compton to Crenshaw to DTLA to Brentwood and everywhere in between.
A Journey to Fundamentally Change the Way People Eat
If you think a salad doesn't need to cost $15, and if you think fast food doesn't have to be defined as a burger and fries, then Everytable might be the place for you. We're looking for teammates who are committed to social justice, unafraid to attack challenges head-on, and eager to find solutions on a daily basis.