Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- We are working to build a world class team of lawyers and legal professionals who will be strategic partners with the business. We seek applicants who will build and thrive in our culture: team-oriented, collegial, non-hierarchical, diverse perspectives, productive, and adaptable.
- The position will work closely with the CLO and business stakeholders at all levels of the company to define and drive strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results, such as:
- Be a cross-functional advisor to our teams on corporate law and commercial contracting matters, helping to appropriately balance corporate and contractual legal risk with business opportunities and priorities
- Lead on all corporate legal work for the company, including:
- Preparing SEC and other corporate regulatory filings, with emphasis on ’34 Act compliance, including reports on Forms 8-K, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, Section 16 filings and Proxy Statements
- Participate in preparation of quarterly earnings release materials and advise on securities law compliance and disclosure matters, including disclosure controls and procedures
- Assist in capital market and related financial transactions as needed
- Assist in corporate governance matters, including oversight of corporate policies and preparation of board and committee materials, including minutes and consents
- Advise our teams on legal issues and risks in contractual relationships and mitigate contractual risk overseeing the members of our commercial legal team
- This role will be working on cutting-edge legal issues in a fast-paced environment, so we are seeking ambitious candidates who are interested in working hard, moving fast, and playing a significant role in the development of a world class Legal Team.
- JD or equivalent degree.
- 10+ years of experience practicing in corporate and commercial transactional work at a national law firm and/or in-house legal department (experience working at a hardware company tis a plus).
- Admitted to bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects effectively.
- Intellectual curiosity, practical business judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Growth mindset and willingness to pick up new skills as part of a small but growing legal team.