Description:Who You'll Work With
- You will work with the legal department that provides comprehensive legal and risk management services across the firm in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will join the legal department's corporate team in New York.
- You will work closely with the firm's tax, finance, treasury, employment, benefits and other firm functions on projects with a corporate component, which includes working on entities in the U.S. and outside the U.S.
What You'll Do:
You will be responsible for advising on corporate issues for firm entities and corporate governance issues including directors' duties and liabilities, board composition and effectiveness, etc.
In this role, you will also draft all relevant corporate documents. You will conduct risk assessments for proposed new locations and establishing and implementing new entities/structures in approved locations. You will support proposed acquisitions and transactions and driving the corporate integration process.
- You will oversee the corporate secretary function and the work of corporate paralegals for firm entities (advising on formation documents, corporate filings, minutes and resolutions, powers of attorney, intercompany agreements, KYC requests, tax requests and other corporate documentation in support of the firm's global operations).
- You will develop, implement and update legal forms, templates, tools and best practices for internal use.
- J.D. or equivalent from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of an applicable bar association
- 6+ years of experience with a law firm, financial firm or corporate legal department
- Solid understanding of corporate law principles and concepts, including proven experience setting up entities and drafting/reviewing governance documents and handling ongoing compliance and corporate maintenance issues
- Familiarity with New York and Delaware corporate law preferred
- Transactional experience(M&A and financings) strongly preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to navigate challenging situations
- Excellent legal drafting ability (of both corporate and transactional documentation) and eye for detail
- Confident team player who is highly collaborative and flexible, able to work with varying and changing needs and able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic professional services firm
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and calm presence under pressure