We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Associate General Counsel provides legal services, advice, and guidance related to commercial contracts, physician arrangements, patient care, risk management, bioethical issues, federal and state health care laws and regulations, licensure, accreditation, and medical staff and credentialing matters.
- Negotiate, draft and review physician arrangements and healthcare-related contracts.
- Draft, review, and negotiate general service agreements and affiliation agreements, identify and analyze new or emerging areas of risk, and manage or provide support with respect to general legal matters.
- Provide advice and guidance to market and clinical business units on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of relevant regulatory updates.
- Work closely with the Compliance department on regulatory matters.
- Interact with the management team as well as with external representatives of the legal system, regulatory agencies, governmental entities, and others.
- Minimum Education: Completion of a Juris Doctorate degree program from an accredited college/university is required.
- Minimum Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of significant health care experience is required and in-house legal experience is preferred. Understanding of the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and related health care regulations required.
- Req. Certification/Licensure: Member in good standing of Connecticut State Bar required. Current, unrestricted license in the state of practice is required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance