Up to 25%
What You Will Do:
- The Associate General Counsel is responsible for all aspects of commercial contract negotiations with client and vendors, and management of legal agreements. The Associate General Counsel will be a part of the Office of the General Counsel legal team and support internal Guidehouse consultants with RFP submissions, contract review and management, contract negotiation and support throughout the engagement cycle.
- Assist the Deputy General Counsel and other attorneys for the Healthcare Segment to support the business team with contract drafting and negotiation.
- Project manage commercial contract negotiations, renewals and amendments with current and prospective healthcare clients (commercial payer organizations, health systems and academic medical centers), including redlining agreements, negotiating terms via conference call with clients and their counsel, and synthesizing recommendations to company leadership for decision making purposes.
- Collaborate with other members of the Office of the General Counsel, Contracts Management teams, and outside legal counsel to advance and finalize agreements with clients, track contract compliance and working with business leaders if engagement issues arise.
- Partner with business leaders, particularly the Healthcare Segment, to create mutual solutions for legal agreements that meet the needs of the client while minimizing risk to the Company.
- Review and negotiate client and vendor Master Services Agreements, Single Project Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Healthcare IT License and SAAS Agreements, Data Use Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Assist the General Counsel and Legal Department in general compliance and governance issues as needed.
What You Will Need:
- Juris Doctorate Degree with 5+ years of experience
- General level of understanding of healthcare regulatory laws (federal and state) and a demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance practical solutions. Experience with advising on healthcare regulatory and transactional issues.
- Superior drafting skills, especially the ability to draft contract language that is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Proven ability to distinguish business decisions from legal decisions, and clearly communicate to business leaders
- Extremely organized and self-motivated, possessing a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on a cross functional team to execute on objectives through influence and personal skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables and deadlines.
- Proven ability to partner with internal clients to drive on timely completion of deliverables.
The annual salary range for this position is $130,200.00-$195,300.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility Stipend
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.