Description:Jackson Hewitt has been a leader in the tax preparation industry for more than three decades, with retail locations in all 50 states. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers. This role offers the chance to work on critical strategic initiatives, gain unparalleled access to Company leadership, strong opportunities for advancement within the organization, and competitive compensation that reflects our commitment to our talent. Jackson Hewitt partners with banks and regulated financial institutions in order to offer loans and other financial products and services that are appealing to Jackson Hewitt's core customer base.
What you'll do here:
- Advising on applicable regulatory compliance and data privacy requirements, including those in connection with any current or future financial product or service offered through Jackson Hewitt (the company is currently licensed as a loan broker / credit service organization in a number of states) and those to which the business is indirectly subject as a result of offering products originated by banks or other financial institutions.
- Key advisor to the business and IT teams in furthering a strategic and comprehensive data privacy program that defines, develops, maintains, and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices that minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected information in accordance with client consents and preferences across Jackson Hewitt platforms and distribution channels.
- Participating in periodic reviews and risk assessments of enterprise compliance with Federal, state, and local laws and internal policies & procedures.
- Responsible for implementing corporate training and education for ongoing data privacy compliance, including providing business guidance regarding use and disclosure of client information.
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Bachelor's Degree; Juris Doctor from a nationally recognized and ABA accredited law school.
- New Jersey bar admission or bar admission of another State with ability to seek limited in-house licensure in New Jersey within required timeframe.
- Significant experience working with Dodd-Frank Act and other Federal and state financial service-related laws and regulations (including the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAP/UDAAP) limitations, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003 (CAN-SPAM Act), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), and Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to deliver clear and concise recommendations to the General Counsel and key business leaders.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills; prioritization and the ability to multi-task, including the ability to pivot in order to me
What you'll get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 12 Paid Holidays
- Fidelity 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Supplemental, Life, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA, Commuter
- Wellness activities throughout the year
- Parental Leave, Elder Care Leave, Volunteer Time Off
- Education Assistance (Reimbursement) Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations, Appreciation Events, and Teambuilding
- Business Casual Dress with Jeans daily
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization