Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 700 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Privacy teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Associate Employment Counsel at Dropbox, you’ll be executing on a broad range of responsibilities and counseling the company on a variety of sensitive issues. We're looking for someone to balance pragmatism and careful risk assessment in order to make an immediate impact with shrewd judgment and the ability to get things done. If you’re a person with perceptive instincts who loves a challenging, team-focused, and fast environment, then we believe this is the place for you.
- Advise on the creation and implementation of premier employee programs and policies
- Draft, review, and advise on all types of employee agreements and company policies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant laws and share that knowledge across various teams
- Counsel our People Team employee matters and compliance with employment laws throughout the US, EMEA and APAC.
- You have 3+ years experience. In-house legal experience is preferred but not required
- You have experience with major federal and California employment laws such as FEHA, Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FLSA and state equivalents, as well as policy development in support of those laws
- You drive toward operational excellence and are comfortable navigating legal compliance issues. Prior experience advising on topics like COVID-19 laws and response, affirmative action plans, etc.
- You’ve drafted and helped implement employment related policies and agreements.
- You're comfortable navigating complicated, sensitive, and nuanced issues
- You've got a high degree of integrity, strong ethics, and an unflappable demeanor
- You have a JD and are admitted to the Bar
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, Washington D.C. metro, California (outside SF metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $158,900 - $186,900 - $214,900.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (outside Chicago Metro), North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (outside Austin Metro), Virginia (outside D.C. Metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $141,300 - $166,200 - $191,100.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is a Virtual First company and is open to hiring candidates across the U.S. However, for this role, the locations posted are preferred.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).